- Gunes Karabulut Kurt, Selahattin Gokceli, "Using NI Software Defined Radio Solutions as a Testbed of 5G Waveform Research", 2017 NI Engineering Impact Awards Finalist on RF and Mobile Communications Category, May-2017, [ni.com/casestudy] .
National Instruments hardware and softwares were used in that application is listed below:
- NI PXI (PC-based modular instrumentation standard for measurement and automation systems)
- Vector Signal Transceiver (As a PXI module)
- USRP Software Defined radio (SDR) devices
- LabVIEW and LabVIEW Communications System Design Suite
Engineering Impact Awards - About
The NI Engineering Impact Awards is an annual technical paper contest for which engineers, scientists, and researchers from around the globe submit papers featuring their most impactful and technically challenging applications created with NI software and hardware. The contest culminates in a truly awe-inspiring event during NIWeek that showcases the year’s top applications and honors the brilliant minds that created them.Source: National Instruments - Case Study Page
ITU Homepage News - Engineering Impact Awards Finalists #
IEEE CAMA 2016 - "Ulrich L. Rohde Innovative Conference Paper Award"ECE Department Members were jointly awarded with their co-authored paper in IEEE CAMA 2016.
- Agah Oktay Ertay, Cafer Uyanık, Semih Doğu, İbrhaim Akduman, Hülya Şahintürk, "A Coplanar Vivaldi Antenna Design with Improved Frequency Response for Microwave Breast Imaging", IEEE International Conference on Antenna Measurements & Applications, 2016, September, Syracuse (NY), USA [PDF] .
İTÜ Electrical and Elektronics Engineering Faculty 1969 graduate, Prof.Dr. Hadis Morkoç Electro-Optical Devices Laboratory opening ceremony took place on 18 May 2016.
This laboratory will start collabaration of research activities between ECE Department of ITU and Prof.Dr. Hadis Morkoc research group in Virginia Commmonwealth University.
About the ELD LabElectro-optical Devices Laboratory (ELD) is dedicated to photonics research for biomedical applications. TÜBİTAK and BAP grants have been awarded to lab members, to conduct research on Confocal Microendoscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography. Besides optical imaging modalities, the laboratory also focuses on MEMS reliability research, where performance degradation of the microdevices that are used within laser scanning microscopy are mathematically modeled for lifetime prediction.
Assistant Professors Onur Ferhanoğlu, M. Berke Yelten and Fehmi Çivitci are the main responsible researchers of the EDL.
İTÜ News covering the EOL laboratory opening
EEF facebook photo gallery .
ICC 2016 - Best Paper Awards to our Faculty Member (ICC 2016)Assist. Prof. Ertuğrul Başar was awarded with his joint paper in ICC 2016.
- Ertuğrul Başar, Erdal Panayırcı, Murat Uysal, Harald Haas, "Generalized LED Index Modulation Optical OFDM for MIMO Visible Light Communications Systems", IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2016, May. [pdf]
İTÜ News May 17, 2016... read more..
İTÜ Senior Design Projects Contest 2016.
Application Deadline: 19 June 2016
ECE Faculty member Assist.Professor Mustafa Altun's project is awarded as a Horizon 2020. Congragulations to our professor. read more...
ECE Faculty Members were given Elginkan Foundation Technology Award.
Prof. Dr. İbrahim Akduman and Assist. Prof. Mehmet Çayören were awarded for their contributions in the field of Microwave Tomography.. İTÜ News December 28, 2014... read more..
ECE Department Project in Success Stories "Video fingerprinting and video content representation by incremental non-negative matrix factorization"/ Prof. Dr. Bilge Günsel Kalyoncu, Assoc. Prof. Neslihan S. Şengör